We are a small committed, friendly and welcoming congregation who have a diverse international community around us.
We also have a thriving “Messy Church” the 1st Saturday of each month which has been running since 2012.
We have been without a pastor since July 2013 which has enabled the members to utilise and develop their gifts.
- Missional / Evangelical team member(s)working to connect with the schools and community.
- Musicians (ideally keyboard to play with a guitarist).
- Ability to work with the laity of the church as a team in the various ministries to the community: Assisting by leading in worship, discipleship and teaching
No one person needs to fulfil all these roles
Additional useful Qualities:
- Polish / Lithuanian / Latvian Speaker
- Passionate Enthusiastic and Visionary, Self-starter.
- Be willing to preach once or twice monthly
Town / City:
Thetford, Norfolk: a Market town of 22,000 people, 2 hours from London. Thetford has seen an increase in migrants from many countries. Russian, Polish, Slovak, Spanish and Portuguese families have settled in the area, drawn by the abundance of agricultural work. The 2011 census revealed that almost 30% of the Thetford population were of Portuguese descent. There are 1400 houses immediately surrounding the church. We have a thriving Independent Portuguese evangelical congregation using our building.
Length of Service: at least 12 months.
Gender + Age Preference: A Married Couple with or without children, or a single male or female, Age 24+.
Start Date: Flexible
Qualifications Needed: No specific Ministry Training required, but some pastoral training would be an advantage.
Volunteer Costs: €200-400/month (The church can offer free accommodation and utilities, with some allowances for additional expenses)