Youth ministry worker in Romania
To come alongside existing youth leadership and to plan and prepare youth ministry programmes for the local church. This includes discipleship, mentoring and equipping others for ministry to youth (ages 10-20) both in the local church and in the community. To work together with local youth leaders and volunteers to reach out to community youth. To develop relationships with local youth leadership and with youth in the church and in the community for the purposes of encouraging, equipping, and reaching new young people for Christ.
Location: Bucharest Church of the Nazarene, Strada Ritoride, Buckarest, Romania
To work with the local NYI president/youth leader and other youth ministry volunteers in
- Planning community youth outreach initiatives
- Planning and leading activities and programs for youth ministry in the local church together with existing leaders
- Developing and mentoring local youth leadership.
- Making contacts in the community through various and creative means (music, sports, art, language etc).
The volunteer should be able to connect well with young people and be willing to enroll in Romanian language classes. Previous youth ministry experience is required.
- Experience as youth ministry leader;
- English language fluency is an required;
- Ministerial education and credentials an asset, can be in progress.
Best suited for: Married couple, single male, single female.
Length of service: at least 6 months
Start date: any time
Approximately funding: € 880 p/month (personalized budgets will be arranged before fundraising/deployment).