Refugee support team members in the Middle East
As refugees pour across borders away from areas of conflict, many nations have become overwhelmed with the pain and needs of these displaced people. Middle East Nazarenes have formed teams to help with the relief efforts. This includes registration with the Red Cross and offering physical and practical support to those refugees wherever they may be. Nazarene volunteers share clothing and food, but also have the great opportunity to give emotional and spiritual support by listening to and praying with many.
This humanitarian situation is a perfect opportunity to offer the care Jesus spoke of in Matthew 25 and the prophetic words in Luke 4 of His calling and ours to release the oppressed and care for the suffering.
M+Power is offering a special opportunity to any Nazarenes who can help bring relief in this crisis time. The need is so great for additional members for the teams that we are taking the rare step of inviting volunteers to come for as little as one month, or as long as 24 months to fulfill the following responsibilities.
Location: for example Jordan, could also be somewhere else.
- Participate in a multinational relief team in the Middle East under the direction of a local Nazarene leader.
- Support other team members.
- Offer love, smiles, friendship, understanding, hope and prayer to displaced people
- Hand out food, clothing and other supplies
- Help displaced people in the border registration processes or language learning classes
- Carry stories home to our churches of how best to care and pray for those who come as strangers among us.
The location of each placement will depend upon need at the time of deployment.
- Heart of love and compassion
- Uncomplaining servant spirit
- Willingness to work hard in difficult circumstances
- Continual flexibility
- Good physical condition
- Willingness to pray with others
Best suited for: Married couple (with or without children), single male, single female.
Length of service: 1 – 24 months
Start date: any time
Approximately funding: depending on accomodation, plus flights and insurance. For a married couple or two people coming together the costs will be less. (personalized budgets will be arranged before fundraising/deployment).