Support worker in Europe
To assist in the care and supervision of children and young women rescued from trafficking as they are prepared for re-settling into normal society.
Location: Somewhere in Europe
to work with the National Director of a Compassionate Ministry Foundation, the Psychologist and Social Worker in
- Settling new residents into the routine of their new setting.
- Participating in the spiritual exercises and social activities of the centre.
- Assisting in and teaching domestic chores, and assisting with literacy and school classwork.
- Accompanying residents on trips out, for recreation, shopping, to medical appointments and to church activities.
- Loving the residents as a sister in Christ
The volunteer(s) should be fluent in English (or German). They will be required to enroll in language classes.
- A loving compassionate heart, for Jesus and for others.
- A basic understanding in Psychology or Sociology would be beneficial.
- Ability to be a team-player.
- An understanding of the work of EFN (http://www.europeanfreedomnetwork.org )
- Additional skills such as grant-writing, handcraft, social enterprise, needlework, music accompanying, teaching, Bible-story telling, d-i-y, etc, could be beneficial.
Best suited for: Married couple (with or without children), single female.
Length of service: 6 months to 2 years
Start date: Summer / fall
Approximately funding: maximum € 880 / month ($ 1000 / month) including € 440 rent ($ 500) (personalized budgets will be arranged before fundraising/deployment).