Writer – journalist in England
Serve our missionaries, pastors, leaders, districts, ministries and local churches across the Eurasia Region by helping them to tell their stories of how God is transforming lives through Nazarene ministry and people, so that we bring interconnectedness across the region, and also inform and inspire Nazarenes around the world to be involved in God’s mission and to praise Him for his faithfulness.
Also, to help tell the story of NTC, sharing its vision, mission and service to the Nazarene community globally, elevating awareness of the college within our global church family and throughout the Wesleyan-Holiness community.
Location: Nazarene Theological College, Dene Road, Manchester, United Kingdom
Work 3-4 days per work for Eurasia Region; 1-2 days per week for NTC.
- Interview people at NTC or across the region by phone, Skype or email
- Research and gather accurate information for assigned stories
- Write articles for publication
- Edit and revise articles
- Help design publications
- Email our Snapshots and Where Worlds Meet
- Post stories on our website
- Participate in events, such as conferences, at NTC or on the region
- Travel to locations around the region occasionally for gathering stories
The volunteer should be an experienced writer, with some journalism training or experience, willing to initiate contact and talk with people, and to be persistent in following up with contacts for information, interviews and revising stories. The volunteer should be self-motivated, able to use a computer, Microsoft Word, Skype, Adobe software products, etc. The volunteer should be willing to take direction, editing and revision from an editor. Be able to travel to locations with a variety of conditions (developing countries, etc.) and interact appropriately and respectfully with people from different cultures. Photography skills and equipment a plus.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken;
- Journalism or communications bachelor’s degree, or evidence of experience with sample portfolio of writing work.
Best suited for: Married couple, single male, single female.
Length of service: 1 year
Start date: any time
Approximately funding: maximum € 1.155 p/month (personalized budgets will be arranged before fundraising/deployment).