English Teacher in Bangladesh
Facilitate the children to grow in their full potential and mobilize the ministry of the Church of the Nazarene Bangladesh.
Teaching is an excellent evangelistic tool in some of the communities where the Church of the Nazarene is ministering in Bangladesh. This provides the opportunity to work with local church leaders, youths and children and impact their lives and ministries in the communities like Dinajpur, Naogoan, Sree Mongol, Khulna and so on. The objective would be:
- Help children develop their skill in English
- Offer holistic education in a community of encouragement and faith.
- Provide a great resource for future leaders in the Church of the Nazarene.
- Mobilize ministers in nearby communities
Location: Birgonj, Dinajpur, Bangladesh North District
- Teach English in a regular primary school (grade 1-5) operated by Church of the Nazarene
- Work with local Bangladeshi English teachers
- Assist other teachers with curriculum development as needed
- Assist as needed in other areas such as music, art, computer education, communication, etc.
- The school is located in a rural area where a majority of the population is of other faiths.
- The school would like someone for the full school year, but less than this or more than this is also acceptable.
- A loving compassionate heart
- Experienced with children, education, and basic computer work.
- Ability to be a team-player.
- Additional skills such as in church development, social enterprise, Bible-story telling, etc, could be beneficial.
Best suited for: Married couple or single male
Length of service: 3 months plus if visa granted
Start date: as soon as possible
Approximately funding: € 400 p/month for single male or € 600 p/month for married couple (personalized budgets will be arranged before fundraising/deployment). Additional funds might be needed for travel to/from the site, insurance, visas, etc.