Four schools sponsored by the Church of the Nazarene in the Eastern Mediterranean Field…
- Help children and youth develop to their fullest potential
- Offer holistically-focused education in a community of encouragement, mutual respect, and faith.
- Provide a great resource for future leaders in the Church of the Nazarene.
Fluent English language instructors are very helpful in solidifying one of the main strengths in our schools. Will you come and teach at one of these schools?
- Teach English to 250 students, grades K-10
- Work with local Jordanian English teachers
- Assist other teachers with curriculum development as needed
- Assist General Director of Jordan Nazarene Schools with education-related issues like professional development
- Assist as needed in other areas such as music, art, computer education, communication
- The school is located in a conservative area where a majority of the population is of another faith. Being culturally aware and sensitive in dress and behavior is a necessity.
- The school would like someone for the full school year, but less time is not a disqualifying factor.
- Volunteer preference: Married couple, single male, or single female – all are options, though it is easier for a couple or male in this culture. It is preferred that the candidate(s) should have a college/university degree and experience with children.
- Located in Jordan
- Length of Service: 10-11 months (school year)
- Preferred Start Date: On or about 3 August 2015
- Funding: €600-800/month for on site expenses only- additional funds will be needed for travel to/from the site, insurance, visas, etc.