We have started an English learning centre at our church, where we teach beginners, intermediate and advanced English.
Our courses are three months long, and we meet on Mondays and Wednesdays for two hours each time. After the three months are over, we take a short break and then start again.
Our goal is to have a total of nine months of English courses during the year (not including the breaks in between).
- Teaching English in our English program
- Build relationships with the students and community in order to share God’s love
- Administration work for the English course (teaching, collecting student information and tuition, setting up the course, and closing after the course)
- Assisting the pastor and local church with ministry opportunities like leading worship, working with children, visiting families, etc.
- Helping out with the Church service and Bible study
The volunteer must be fluent in English, comfortable with standing in front of a class, comfortable with teaching, and should have an outgoing personality.
Teacher training will be provided on site.
Basic knowledge of teaching English. Administration skills.
Length of Service: at least 3 months.
Location: Jerusalem, Israel.
Gender + Age Preference: Single Female (based on available housing). Single males or couples are welcome beginning in April 2017.
Start Date (approx): Flexible 2015/2016
Qualifications Needed: 09 January 2017
Course terms are approximately as follows:
Winter: January to April
Spring: April – May (short-term conversational English)
Summer: July – August (short-term conversational English)
Fall: September to December
Volunteer Costs: €700/month