This rural ministry opportunity is in Lakshmikantapur, 50 miles from Kolkata. This church was started 6 year back, mostly young people along with some, 18 families. We are having a Holistic Child Development Center (CDC) in this church area where we have 210 children. This Child Development Center was running very successfully for last 12 years. Through this CDC we are trying to develop the whole community. This project and church is in mist of a village and its known as not only a spiritual development center but also a community development center too. We are about to start a Computer training school for the Children and youth very shortly, Infrastructure has completed along with computers and other things.
There are opportunities to work among these children and youth those who are living nearby the church. Volunteers can help the church through Youth Ministry, SDMI Ministry, teaching English language also can organize Camps, VBS and other needful events. Volunteer can also help the Church service and CDC as English and/or Computer Teacher.
- Volunteer within 18-45 years (couple may accept)
- 5-10 years experience with Youth & Children Ministry,
- Theological training,
- Friendly in nature,
- Experienced to organize different camps, seminars & retreats,
- Basic computer knowledge,
- Able to teach basic English (optional)
- Church Planter
What District can provide?
- East India District can provide simple accommodation on the church premises.
- Local travel (Public Transportation).
- Desktop Computer & Internet Facility
Volunteer is/are responsible to
- Bare his/her food expenses,
- Medical expenses,
- Family needs,
- Travel expenses (anything other than local travel),
- Salary or stipend.
1 to 2 years even for long terms volunteers are also accept.