Facilitate the children to grow their full potential and mobilize the ministry of the Church of the Nazarene Bangladesh. Caring for the children provides the opportunity to work with local church leaders, youths and children and impact their lives and ministries in communities of Bangladesh. The objective would be:
- Help children develop and grow holistically
- Offer holistic education in the orphanage.
- Provide a great resource for future leaders in the Church of the Nazarene.
- Mobilize ministers in nearby communities
- Caring for the children (boys and girls) aged 6-14 in an orphanage where about 70 children are being cared by Church of the Nazarene
- Work with local Bangladeshi caregivers
- Assist other caregivers with curriculum development as needed
- Assist as needed in other areas such as music, art, computer education, communication, etc
- The Orphanage is located in a rural area where a majority of the population is of other faiths.
- Being culturally aware and sensitive in dress and behavior is a necessity.
- The Orphanage would like someone for the full year or two, but less than this or more than this is also acceptable.
- Volunteer preference: Married couple.
- A loving compassionate heart
- A basic understanding of the residential care for the children
- It is preferred that the candidates should have experience with children, in church development, education, and basic computer work.
- Ability to be a team-player.
- Additional skills such, social enterprise, music, teaching, Bible-story telling, etc, could be beneficial.
Located in Kaharole, Dinajpur, Bangladesh North District
Length of Service: 1-2 years
Preferred Start Date: open
Funding: Approximately €550 for married couple per month for on site expenses – additional funds might be needed for travel to/from the site, insurance, visas, etc.